How Spirit Speaks
It is an almost universal behavior, regardless of culture or religion.
Often, throughout our lives, we make connections with the spirit world.
We may feel the guidance of a Higher Power.
We may feel the protection of an angel or ancestor.
We may see signs in nature, or synchronicity in our daily lives, that make us feel the presence of Spirit.
We may use divination, or consult with those who are considered gifted, to seek comfort and answers from our loved ones in spirit.
Sometimes, we are aware of exactly whom is in communication with us, and what they are saying.
Sometimes we simply feel a presence, and wonder if we are missing the messages.
It also happens that, sometimes, when we need answers most, spirit seems to be harder to hear.
Sometimes we mistake the voice of our hopes and fears as the voice of Spirit.
Whatever our belief system, or our past experiences, we do all have the ability to check in with Spirit, and feel that guidance in our lives.
Our ways of understanding Spirit may differ, yet we all have some ability to connect and communicate with Spirit.
Typically, Spirit speaks in subtle ways, so we need to pay attention.
Always, Spirit guides us to our own truth, and to the path that is most healing, and most appropriate. If we think we’ve intuited a message from Spirit that insists we do something harmful or damaging, we need to understand that sort of message never comes from Spirit, and is generally a product of our own fears.
The more we can detach ourselves from our fears, the more clearly we will hear Spirit speak.
Five Ways to Hear the Message of Spirit
1. Spirit speaks in dreams. Sometimes it is appropriate to interpret a dream as a message from spirit. We can also use “lucid dreaming” to receive guidance. Before going to sleep, simply ask a loved one in spirit, or Spirit in general, to answer a question, or to appear in your dreams. When you awaken, write down your dreams. Sometimes the message will be clear; sometimes it will require some interpretation. Sometimes you will have to attempt this communication several times.
2. Spirit speaks through synchronicity. Sometimes things come together in ways that seem anything but random. While it is important to remember that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, it is also important to recognize that the patterns and synchronicities in our lives can have real meaning, and can come from a spiritual source.
3. Spirit speaks through signs in nature. Many cultures interpret the sightings of flora and fauna as a message from the spirit world. Birds, especially, are considered carriers of messages.
4. Spirit speaks through divination. Whether you sit with a professional reader, or work with a system like tarot or runes yourself, it often becomes very clear that Spirit is speaking through the divination process.
5. Spirit speaks through meditation. Meditation can be still, or rhythmic (dancing or drumming, for instance). When we enter the open mental state of mediation we become more able to hear the voice of Spirit.
From My Desk to Yours
This week, I am featuring some of my most popular blog posts from the past.
From my Personal Blog, here is “An Open Letter to Spiritual Seekers: Disillusion is Part of the Path”.
In September, 2014, I shared a piece on my Community Blog about the Four of Pentacles which reveals some truths about tarot interpretation.
A more recent post frommy Dark Forest blog is “A Quick Guide to Psychic Protection.”
From Around the Web
The musician Moby has make available four hours of ambient music for meditation and yoga. You can find the download link here.
Here’s an interesting article in keeping with this week’s theme about synchronicity.
Song of the Week
From Alexian, here’s “Listen to the Wind”.
Tarot Mentorship Opportunity
If you are ready to take your tarot practice to the next level, I have an opportunity for you.
I will offer mentorship packages to only three people, to begin this month.
A mentorship package is appropriate for any serious tarotist, student or professional, who wants to deepen their practice or build their business.
We will meet together three times, via phone, Skype or in person. Each meeting is 90 minutes. I do assign a small amount of homework to be accomplished in-between sessions.
I tailor your mentoring sessions to your specific needs and goals.
The mentorship package is only $300, paid at the time of your first session, or in advance. Sessions are scheduled at your convenience.
If you would like to enter into this mentorship program with me this month, please contact me immediately, as my schedule will only allow me three additional mentees this summer.
I look forward to working with you!
Psychic Gallery and Private Readings with Christiana in West Palm Beach
I will once again be visiting Pearl Rauberts’ room at Unity Church in the Pines in West Palm Beach on June 11 at 2:30. Then, on Sunday, June 12, I will be offering private readings by appointment. This is a rare chance to have an in-person reading with me in the Palm Beaches.
To RSVP for either or both of these events, visit the Meetup site.
Image from Gilded Royale by Ciro Marchetti.
Your One-Card Weekly Reading
Your one-card reading this week is Temperance.
Temperance is the card of art, time and alchemy.
You are reminded to be patient this week, and cautious in your affairs.
Beyond that, Temperance offers a creative opportunity.
This week, you may find a wonderful collaboration, or have a great inspiration or idea. Remember that it is impossible to create something perfectly, but you can create the perfect blend, the perfect meld and the perfect balance.
Sunday, June 5, 10 am
Tampa Bay Area Tarot Meetup Retreat Day
MItchell Osborn's Home, Orlando
We are looking forward to our first-ever retreat this Sunday!
Saturday, June 11, 2:30 pm
Summer Psychic Gallery with Christiana Gaudet
Pearl Rauberts' Room, Unity in the Pines, West Palm Beach
Join me for an afternoon of psychic exploration! RSVP on Pearl's Meetup site.
Sunday, June 12, 12 pm - 5 pm
Private Readings with Christiana
Pearl Rauberts' Room, Unity in the Pines, West Palm Beach
I will be available for a limited number of in-person readings, by appointment.
I will be in Connecticut August 3 - August 17. Book your house parties and private readings now!
October 7, Professional Development Day at TarotCon (Follow the link below).
October 8 & 9, TarotCon (Florida) 2016 in Palm Beach Gardens.
Origins Spa and Wellness Center
1537 N Dale Mabry Highway #102
Lutz, FL 33548
Private telephone, Skype and in person readings and instruction are available by appointment.
Tarot parties at your home or office are available throughout Florida.
Call 813-948-4488, toll free 866-99TAROT,
or text or call 561-655-1160
for more information or to schedule your event.
Agent inquiries are welcome.