Develop Your Intuition
Intuition is our inner guidance, our Higher Self, and our ability to hear the voices of our angels. We all have the gift of intuition. When we make a practice of mindfulness, meditation, prayer and divination, our intuition grows stronger. The more we use our intuition, the more wisdom we are able to discern.
Sometime fear and doubt, or wishful thinking, can confuse us. It’s difficult to tell the difference between anxiety and intuition.
We find truth when we release our attachments and expectations.
When we develop intuition, we meet whatever comes with confidence in our own ability to find guidance and wisdom.
Five Easy Ways to Develop Your Intuition
Here are five simple things you can do every day to help you tune in to your intuitive abilities.
1. Practice conscious breathing. The breath is an important aspect of psychic work, yoga, meditation and manifestation. When you seek truth, pay attention to your breathing, and the truth will become clear.
2. Study divination. When we work with tarot, pendulums, astrology, I Ching and other divinatory methods, we attune ourselves to the wisdom of the Universe, and open ourselves to greater knowledge.
3. Meditate. Whether you meditate in stillness, or in motion, taking time to ground, center, relax and attune will open you to knowledge.
4. Keep a journal. Keep a record of your thoughts, moods and insights. Make predictions and write them down. Write about your divinatory practices. Read over your writings from time to time, and learn from the patterns you observe.
5. Pay attention to your dreams. Write down your dreams in your journal, and think about their meaning in your life. Set intentions for your dreams, and work to maintain a lucid state while dreaming. Find the intuitive wisdom that hides within your dreams.
The Week in Review
Fourth of July weekend was special for fans of the Grateful Dead. You can read my review of the July 4th “Fare Thee Well” concert on my Dark Forest Blog.
On my personal blog, I shared a post about using tarot to make decisions. Read “Tarot, Decision-Making and Inner Guidance.”
From Around the Web
From Little Red Tarot, I found a great spread for finding direction. Try this personal compass spread.
Here’s another tarot blog about finding your right path, with a twist of humor! Check it out on Two Sides Tarot.
Last week I told you about the sad passing of tarotist Nadine Roberts. Marcus Katz has set up an opportunity to support her family at this difficult time. Please participate if you feel so moved.
Three Ways to Read Tarot Intuitively
Tarot is an intuitive tool, as well as an interpretive one. Whether or not you use the classic interpretive values of the cards, you can divine wisdom simply by letting the cards inspire you.
It’s also true that, even in a reading that is strictly interpretive, a reader will favor one classic card meaning over another, because he or she feels, intuitively, that interpretation is correct for the situation. Intuition is always at work when we read tarot, whether we realize it or not.
Try these three tarot reading techniques to develop your intuition and your tarot reading skills.
1. Just describe what you see in the pictures, or how the cards make you feel.
2. Look at the card and breathe. Hold the card to your heart, and feel its energy. Listen for your inner wisdom.
3. Allow your eyes to be drawn to one small section of a tarot card. Look only at that small image. What does that image tell you?
What’s up at the Psychic Café?
This week, I’m featuring an early episode of the Psychic Café from our days on the Para Encounters Network.
My guest is tarotist and author Arwen Lynch. We talk about tarot, and so much more. You can watch the episode on my YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re there!
Image from Gilded Reverie Lenormand, by Ciro Marchetti
Card 10: The Scythe
The Scythe is about the things we cut away. This card can be a warning of something that needs to be quickly removed, or a warning to protect yourself against another’s swift action.
The Scythe can indicate pain, surgery, or the end of a relationship. The mood of the card is logical and analytical, rather than emotional. Sometimes the Scythe presents the solution to a problem, sometimes it indicates a wound.
The timing of the Scythe is quick. This is considered a negative card, even though the action it represents in a reading might be positive or necessary.
The Scythe is associated with the Jack of Diamonds. This can be a messenger, a person bringing news, or a young man, often with light coloring.
Next week, we will explore card 11, Whip, also known as Birch and Broom.
Have You Made Your Reservation for Florida TarotCon?
TarotCon is coming to Florida on October 10th and 11th. You can reserve your spot to study with some of the world’s foremost tarot experts in the beautiful environment of the Doubletree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens.
Sign up now and get the Early Bird Discount!
Image from Gilded Royale, by Ciro Marchetti.
Your One-Card Weekly Reading
Your one-card reading this week is the Two of Pentacles.
This week, turn your attention to managing your resources. Where are things flowing, and where are you feeling out of balance?
At this time, resources like time or money really might be in short supply. However, you have the ability to piece together a situation that will work for as long as you need it to work. You will find a stride that will keep you balanced and keep your resources flowing.
Tuesday, July 14, 6 pm
An Evening with the Tarot
410 N Kingsway Rd, Seffner, FL 33584
Join me for a free lively and informative presentation on the history, art, culture and uses of tarot. For more information, visit the event listing on the Library calendar.
Wednesday, July 15, 7 pm
Free WebEx Webinar Available Exclusively On Line
Global Tarot Circle
Spend an hour with tarot friends around the world! Join me for an informal tarot workshop. We will share readings, techniques, interpretations, stories and laughs.
You can log in with your computer, laptop or smartphone, or you can dial in.
For log in info, please visit the event listing on my website.
Origins Spa and Wellness Center
1537 N Dale Mabry Highway #102
Lutz, FL 33548
Private telephone, Skype and in person readings and instruction are available by appointment.
Tarot parties at your home or office
are available throughout Florida.
Call 813-948-4488, toll free 866-99TAROT,
or text or call 561-655-1160
for more information or to schedule your event.
Agent inquiries are welcome.