Back-To-School August Tarot Meetup
Welcome back to another season to the South Florida Tarot Meetup Group, we hope your summer has been restful and energizing! During the break, the Group Leaders and myself have listened to your comments and suggestions for making these meetings more efficient and more effective and, above all else, more fun. And we appreciate everyone who has come forward and thank you all. So here's some recommendations that we've come up with:
- Please be on time. 5 minutes beyond at most, otherwise it will be disrespectful to the ones on-time.
- We will introduce ourselves only if there are new members present. This will save time for more fun stuff.
- Everyone is more than encouraged to join in the discussions, and ask questions! There are no "dumb questions" or "dumb ideas", and you never know what will create new fire inside someone.
- We will be exploring other forms of divination throughout the season, as exercises to expand our collective talents in tarot. All roads lead to Rome. Do not be surprised if we have stonecasting, pendulums, fire trance, etc. I will try to keep the items needed within reason in cost and effort to attain.
- I will personally strive to teach smaller, shorter spreads for convenience. Some people have mentioned that the complexity of size was an issue. Thank you for telling me this.
If this is your first meetup, welcome to a really awesome and powerful group of experience and knowledge. If this is not your first meetup, welcome back and hang on tight! This month we'll be discussing the latest Tarot networking websites (Witchvox, Ning, ATA, etc.). We'll also practice using pendulums as a tool to focus our concentration; even if we never use pendulums again, we have a stronger, sharper sense of power within ourselves that we can translate into cards.
All you'll need: a deck of Tarot cards (your choice), a cloth, and a pendulum (of your choice, available at Spider Web for $18-60, depending on the materials and stones; if you have your own, bring it!)
We'll see you on Thursday, August 19 from 7-9PM at the Spider Web.
Sincerely and Respectfully,
Nick Moore, Asst. Organizer